Stabilized stonedust is 3/8” minus pulverized stone (locally sourced) precision blended with a water-activated binder.
Stabilized Stonedust is the ideal surface for an ADA Compliant nature path or pedestrian walkway. Design specifications are available that allow for light vehicular traffic.
A stabilized stonedust pathway has a loose aggregate surface underlain by a solidly bound stonedust slab. Five colors of stonedust have been approved for use with binding agent: Blue, Beige, Rose, Nickel and “Natural” gray.
What we deliver
Stabilized stonedust is delivered to your jobsite completely blended, hydrated and ready for installation.
Estimating / Bulk Density
Stabilized stonedust has a bulk density of approximately 111 pounds per cubic foot, so one cubic yard weighs 1.5 tons. Average compaction factor is 15 - 18%.
Coverage rate at a 3” depth* = 65 sq. ft./ton (foot traffic)
Coverage rate at a 4” depth* = 50 sq. ft./ton (light vehicular traffic)
Coverage rate at a 5” depth* = 35 sq. ft./ton (vehicular traffic)
Coverage rate at a 6” depth* = 20 sq. ft./ton (heavy vehicular traffic)
*Depth after compaction with 1 ton (minimum) roller
- Natural, non-toxic materials.
- Low impact - Permeable material.
- Qualifies for LEED v4 points.
- Product installation support from manufacturer’s representative.
- Cannot be installed during rain or below 40°.
- Will “track” coarse material when wet.
- Washout potential in installations with poor drainage design.
- May require spring maintenance to touch up and re-compact heavy use areas.
We are proud to offer the two leading stonedust binders:
mobile: (617) 686-5590
send Mark an email
send Ed an email
mobile: (617) 835-3950
send Tony an email